This article will detail key features in the Field Service Management Map page to better allow you to schedule and track your teams and vehicles directly from this page. Further down it will go into more detail for all 4 sections.
Finally at the bottom you will find quick links to more advanced map related articles.
- This is the Team and Date selector grid. Each of your teams has a fleshed out team card that shows the number of jobs, total hours, drive time and revenue for the selected date.
- The Job Filter controls what unassigned jobs appear on the map.
- The Map grid shows selected teams, routes and job markers.
- The Timeline shows the schedules for selected teams.
Map Features and Team Grid
- Full Screen mode opens the Map view to full screen. Clicking it again will close full screen mode.
- Zoom all Markers will zoom in or out to include all jobs and all known team locations in a single view on the map.
- Schedule Date shows all assigned jobs for the selected date. Additionally, when assigning jobs to a team this will schedule the jobs for this date. You can change the selected Date by using the left and right arrows or clicking directly on the date to bring up the Calendar picker.
- The Team grid is located here. You can select and deselect the teams you want to appear on the map and in the timeline below. Teams will appear blue when they are selected. Each team card provides a summary of the team’s current schedule based for the selected schedule date.
- If branches are enabled in your account, the branch dropdown switches between teams and jobs assigned to the selected branch here.
- The Unassigned Jobs filter will show or hide all jobs without a team assignment. You also have the ability to check to include Anyday jobs on the map from this filter.
- Unassigned jobs appear on the map as grey icons with a 'U' in the center.
Clicking on a job marker on the map will open a Job summary, including a link to the Work Order or Estimate details page.
The timeline at the bottom includes teams selected from the team grid and shows all jobs and estimated drives in the scheduled order.
- Click 'Edit' to modify the selected schedule for any of your selected Teams. You can drag and drop the numbered jobs already on each timeline or add additional jobs directly from the map.
- Click and drag here to expand or contract the size of the timeline in your view.
- Team timelime options are found here. Click the 'X' or the to remove any team from the grid or click the 'eye' icon to show or hide routes on the map above. The expand arrow will only appear if there are time conflicts like in the above example for Michael's team.
- Each job in the timeline is represented by a gray portion which indicates estimated drive time and a colored portion which corresponds to each Team's color. The Job number corresponds to the route order based on the schedule.
Follow the links below to learn more about additional features on the Map page in GPSI Field Service Management.
How to Modify Team Schedules on the Map - This article will detail every way you can modify team schedules from the Map. Here
How to assign starting/ending locations to your Teams - This article will walk you through how to set default starting and ending locations for all of your teams so drive times are estimated properly on the map and timeline. Here
GPSI Vehicle Integration with FSM Overview - This article will walk you through how to integrate your GPS Insight Vehicle data within your Field Service Management account. Here