Designed as a digital replacement for paper time cards, Timesheets allows users to track hours on the mobile app which can then be reported on. If you do not see Timesheets on your account, they will need to be enabled. If you wish to use Timesheets, contact our Support Team via live chat.
In this article, we will cover:
How to set-up, create, and use Timesheets on the desktop version and mobile app
How to run custom reports on Timesheet fields
Timesheet | A timesheet is a digital form that tracks employees' billable and non-billable hours in a single workday.
Time Codes | Time codes denote the different types of time an employee can record. Some common examples include: weekday regular hours, weekend regular hours, lunch, travel and overtime. You can create the time codes that work well for your business.
Tags | Tags are for reporting purposes. By creating a tag and attaching it to an employee’s Timesheet, users can run reports on employee work by its tag. A common example is a specific job: if a user wants to know how much billable time has been spent on a specific job, this time can be given a “tag” and then isolated in a report.
How to Create Time Codes and Tags
Go to Settings in the upper right corner and select Timesheets
Go to Time Codes and click the (+Add new) button. Create the time codes you need for your company's workflow.
3. If you would like to use tags, click the (+Add new) button under the Tags section and create the tags necessary for your workflow.
Desktop: Create a Timesheet for your employee
Select an employee from your personnel record, scroll to Timesheets, and click the (+ Add new) button.
2. Select the date for the timesheet
3. You will now see a record of this in your personnel record. The personnel member you assigned this to will receive it on his/her mobile device. Once he/she completes and submits the Timesheet on the mobile device, you can approve or reject it.
Mobile app: Create a Timesheet on a mobile device
Depending on your workflow, you may need to create a Timesheet on your mobile device. To do this, go to Timesheets, select Active Timesheets, and click " +"
2. Select the date for the Timesheet and click Save.
3. You will now see a record under Active Timesheets
Mobile app: Clock in and out
There are two ways for to clock in/out of an Active Timesheet on the mobile app.
I. First way to clock in/out
1. Select Active Timesheets on the mobile app, click on today's Timesheet, and select +Add. This allows you to create a Time Card.
2. Fill out the details of this Time Card. When done, click Save and it will be applied towards today's TimeSheet. You may also add a Tag to this Time Card if you wish. This concludes the first way to clock-in on the mobile device.
II. Second way to clock in/out
The second way is to select Clock in from the app's home screen. When you click on this, you will be given the option of selecting a Time Card Code for this time. You can select the code now or apply it later.
2. Next, the mobile app will begin tracking your time. When you're done, click Finish, and this slot of time will be saved as a Time Card for today's Timesheet.
Mobile app: Submitting your timesheet
When you have completed your Timesheet for the day, go to the SB app home screen, select Active Timesheets, locate the Timesheet you wish to submit, and scroll it to the left.
2. Click submit. (As you can see, this is also a way to delete Timesheets)
Desktop: Run reports on Timesheets
Timesheets are incorporated into our robust reporting engine. Users can generate custom reports on Timesheet fields.
Under Reports, scroll to Accounting Reports, and click the (+ Add new) button.
2. Scroll down to Timesheets and click Build Report.
3. Select the fields you wish to isolate and run the report. Like all ServiceBridge reports, this is exportable to CSV.